Incoherent Mumbling
Monday, May 08, 2006
  New Post

I hit a parking structure a while ago, with a U-Haul. Stupid depth perception.

My ring finger is significantly longer than my index finger. Seven millimeters (1/4") longer to be precise. According the all-wise internet this means that I am susceptible to depression, aggression, and test failure. On the plus side, I should have good spatial and analytical skills.

Oh yeah, and I should be a good driver. Doesn't really explain the parking structure. I guess there is more to a person than some research that correlates testosterone to fingers. 
Comments:
I can't resist correcting an (almost) engineer. 6mm would be closer to 1/4" as the decimal equivalent is .2362. Where 7mm is the DE of .2756 which is .025" more and the 6mm is only .0138 less. It's good to be right but better yet it's right to be good.
Hope you're feeling better Eric and that it wasn't my home brew that "done ya in". I enjoyed your company at the firepit. Rich
 
Actually, I measured my fingers with metric calipers and then made a rough conversion so those who don't understand millimeters had a frame of reference. I don't think anyone noticed (except you) that 1/4" is actually 6.35mm. And I surely didn't think anyone wanted me to say 0.276". They would have looked at that and said: that is close to a 1/4".
Also, since I drank the home-brew on sunday (and it was delicious) and didn't get sick until tuesday night I think it is safe to say that wasn't it. It was just some bug.
 
Thanks for playing I know you know what a MM is. My camera is yours to use for the next month or so, let me know. Rich
 
I always love a banter about unit conversions.
I hope they decide to replace the camera. And send it here soon.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home
This is a boring blog. Navigate away, or hit the next blog button QUICK!!! You will die of boredom, or possibly pancreatic cancer. My wife says I mumble.

Name:
Location: Oregon, United States

Je suis frais.

Old Junk
February 2006 / March 2006 / April 2006 / May 2006 / June 2006 / July 2006 / August 2006 / September 2006 / October 2006 / November 2006 / December 2006 / January 2007 / February 2007 / November 2007 / September 2008 / October 2008 / March 2009 /