Incoherent Mumbling
Wednesday, September 27, 2006
  Gender and Science

I am taking a Women's Studies class.

I will wait for the laughter to subside...waiting...waiting...go ahead, get it all out...

...thank you, I will now move on.

I was going to take History of Twentieth Century Science, which really interested me. But not enough people signed up for my section, so they moved it to a time I could not go. So, a week before classes start I was in a desperate search for a class that would satisfy the elective requirements and fit my schedule.

Enter Women's Studies.

I had the first class today. As you would expect, most of the students were female. Those that were male were from the football team. I sat with them. If you ever want a class to go by fast, sit with the football players. They get away with anything and they are really funny.

Also, the professor said she would give the answers to the midterm and final during lecture. That's right, I said give us the answers. "The test will say da de da blank blank de de da." Direct quote.

Given how tough my classes have been heretofore, I will enjoy this change of pace.

P.S.
From the syllabus:
Rule #13 - Encourage others to speak up. Be especially encouraging of people who are working through their prejudices and attempting to grow as feminists. 
Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home
This is a boring blog. Navigate away, or hit the next blog button QUICK!!! You will die of boredom, or possibly pancreatic cancer. My wife says I mumble.

Name:
Location: Oregon, United States

Je suis frais.

Old Junk
February 2006 / March 2006 / April 2006 / May 2006 / June 2006 / July 2006 / August 2006 / September 2006 / October 2006 / November 2006 / December 2006 / January 2007 / February 2007 / November 2007 / September 2008 / October 2008 / March 2009 /