Incoherent Mumbling
Friday, December 15, 2006
  Jobs, or

How God Blesses With a Multitude of Possibilities

I have recently had to choose between two different job offers. It was pretty tough. Probably the hardest decision I have ever had to make. The reason: both choices were right. Two right answers, which is more right.

My wife and I talked, we prayed, we asked for advice, we were given advice unsolicited, and we talked some more. Finally we came to a decision and are implementing it. It was not easy, but we have been blessed by the process.

We decided to take the lower offer and not move. We thought, if we move this would still be home. Because our families and our church all reside here. We would come here on our vacations and try to move back after awhile. And it's not like the lower offer was not enough to live on, so we would only be moving for the money.

In the end it came down to the intangible things: church, family, startup vs corporation. They stacked up to highly to be ignored. 
Comments:
sounds great. It would be hard for me to leave for many of the same reasons;....friends, family, community, etc.
 
Congratulations! Choices are hard, but I'm glad (in a "I don't really know either of you" sort of way) you guys decided to stick around.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home
This is a boring blog. Navigate away, or hit the next blog button QUICK!!! You will die of boredom, or possibly pancreatic cancer. My wife says I mumble.

Name:
Location: Oregon, United States

Je suis frais.

Old Junk
February 2006 / March 2006 / April 2006 / May 2006 / June 2006 / July 2006 / August 2006 / September 2006 / October 2006 / November 2006 / December 2006 / January 2007 / February 2007 / November 2007 / September 2008 / October 2008 / March 2009 /